I have one American Girl ornament from Hallmark that I just love. It's Addy in her Christmas dress holding Ida Bean. It's really adorable and it's one of my favorite ornaments on our tree.
This year I wanted more American Girl ornaments but of course, they don't make them anymore. My mom and I came up with a way to make our own. You will need some sort of flat ornament (you can make one with scuply clay and a cookie cutter OR you can buy one at Michaels like we did) and you will need everything in the picture below.....
First pick out the stickers that you like. Next write your name, date, or whatever you want on the ornament. Give it a few minutes for the marker to dry and then paint a thin coat of Mod Podge on top of the entire surface. After the first coat dries (about 20 minutes) you will need to paint a second coat. After the first side is totally dry (this takes a couple of a days) you can do the other side. It's really easy and really fun. I made two ornaments. One is Molly and Emily and the other is Felicity and Elizabeth. Let me know if you make them! I'd love to see how yours turn out! (All of these supplies can be purchased at Michaels.)Here are the ornaments I made.....
The first one......








9 comments:
Cute ornaments! :) What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. :)
That is a great idea! I have 5 American Girl ornament from Hallmark but I never thought to make my own!
Are the ornaments double sided or are there 4 of them?
Thanks beast'sbelle and agdanceprincess! I had fun making them. :) Anonymous, the ornaments are double sided and there are only two.
I am soooo jealous how do you get comments???? My blog doesn't get a single one not one! how do you do it!
thanks
If you want comments the best thing I can suggest is to blog with lots of pictures and try to be positive! Blog because you want to blog. Not because you want comments. Comments are nice and I like them a lot but I blog because I enjoy it and I like sharing my collection. :) Hope that helps!
I got eight AG historical ornaments from Hallmark about four or five years ago. It's a shame they don't make them anymore!
I never get coments!
Post a Comment