Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saving For Dolls

This morning I got this comment....

"Hello Leah!
I love American girl dolls so much and I just bought one a few weeks ago. I have been reading some of your older posts and I have found that you buy alot of your own dolls too, and I was wondering if maybe you could do a post on tips for saving up for your own AG doll? I am really looking for ideas to help me save up for Ivy Ling. :)

Love, Meg"

I wanted to respond to Meg and I'm doing it in a post instead of a comment like Meg suggested so that everyone else can read it too.

Hi Meg and thanks for your comment!! Some of my dolls have been gifts and some of them I bought myself. I have three ways that I save money for dolls that will work for girls of any age.

1. Offer to help with anything and everything! Even if you're young...you can still help with things. You may not be able to wash the entire car yourself but you CAN help. I help with anything in the house that needs done. I get allowance but I get more if I pitch in more. So, I help as much as I can. Talk to your parents about that one. Parents love help. :)

2. Sell things that you don't use anymore. Old toys, old books, old clothes. Ask your parents for help and/or permission to sell some of your old things. If you don't use them, somebody else might need them. You can sell things on craigslist, ebay, or even at a garage sale. If you don't have anything of your own to sell, offer to clean the garage with your parents and ask for permission to sell the things they are getting rid of. They might let you keep all of the money but even if they only let you keep part, that still helps!

3. Ask for American Girl giftcards when it's your birthday or any holiday that you get gifts. For some reason, people are more likely to give you a giftcard than money. You can use up to 5 giftcards on the American Girl website at a time. Every little bit helps and giftcards come in all amounts. If somebody wants to spend $10, they can give you a $10 giftcard. If they are willing to give you money then that works too!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Thank you ever so much Leah! Those tips will really help!
Have a great day!

Love, Meg