Saturday, August 13, 2011

A comment and a reason

So I just got a comment today that I wanted to talk about. Here is the comment:

"I know manging a blog is difficult but you only post once or twice a month. Could you try to post more often?
By Anonymous on Group Photo Shoot + 1 at 4:18 PM"

Now we can talk about it. : )
I don't post much and I have a few reasons why. It has nothing to do with a blog being difficult to manage. This blog is just that. It's a blog. I do like my blog and I do like American Girl (ok well, I LOVE American Girl) but my blog is not my life. I have so much that I like to do and I don't always feel like posting on my blog and I don't always have something to say. I read a lot of blogs and there are some that each blog post is like one sentence. "I'm going to the mall now. Bye." I guess I just don't think a lot of people are interested in blog posts that are short and random. No offense if you are one of those people that post like that on your own blog! It doesn't bother me to read those kind of posts but it's just not how I like to post. I'm curious, what kind of blog posts do you like? Do you like blogs that have a lot of pictures and only post when they have something to say or share or do you like blogs that have a lot of short random blogs with or without pictures? I try to never post a blog without pictures. I think pictures are fun to look at and I think pictures make blogs interesting. But, I don't always have time to take pictures, upload them, edit them, and also post a blog post. And, I almost feel bad posting a blog without at least one photo.

That being said, the main computer in the house has been down for a few weeks now. My dad has been working on backing up files, resetting the computer to make it the way it was when we got it, and reloading programs and files back on it. That is the computer that my Mom's camera works with (that's the camera I use for blog pictures), that is the computer that I post from, and when that's down I can't do anything to my blog.

Blogger has also been a royal pain lately. Half of the time it just isn't working properly, won't load my photos, or won't publish at all. There is nothing more frustrating than typing out a post, adding photos, and the blog not being willing to publish it.

I also haven't posted because I got a new girl and wanted the next post to be about her so that I could share her with you but again.....couldn't post pictures without the computer working. The next post will be all about her. Our computer still isn't totally back to normal but it's getting there. It's good enough that I can use it now at least!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd today is one of those days that blogger doesn't want to publish my post. Thankfully it saved so now I will switch browsers and see if that makes a difference. GRRRRRRRRRR! SO, I'm on my third browser in the past hour. HOLY COW! Let's see if this one works because the first two did not. : (

9 comments:

AGDollPrincess said...

Well it looks like google chrome will be my new browser because it's the only one that would let me publish! YIKES!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I've been having issues with posting on Blogger lately, too. I have also found that Google Chrome solves most of the issues. I didn't have a problem publishing my post, but I had some problems with paragraph spacing (my long Jane Austen week post was giving me fits!!). Just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. ;)

Also, blog for your own enjoyment! Of course, it is great to try to please our audience, but ultimately, your blog should be something you enjoy. If you're comfortable posting only a couple of times a month, then don't worry about it! It's easy to get too involved in blogging and let it take over your life! ;) I have to watch myself, especially since I tend to be obsessive about everything. Sometimes I have to cut back on how much I post so that I don't sacrifice too much family time, or something else important.

Have a nice day. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean! I don't always have time for my blog too and I know it can be hard because I don't want to spend my life on the computer.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about what I said. I think you took it the wrong way.

I honestaly don't like when people post every 5 seconds about what they are doing.

I totally get computer problems. That's what I meant by difficult. You never know when your computer might not work.

I LOVE your photos and I check everyday to see if you update. I think you should enter American Girl Contest and other things too. You are honestaly the best photogropher I've seen.


When I meant was I love seeing your pictures and could you show even more of your work.


Please forgive me. I never meant that comment to go that far. I hope you understand.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

AGDollPrincess said...

Anonymous, I wasn't mad. I just wanted to reply. I understand that people would like to see more from the blogs they like but it isn't always possible. Blogging is just a hobby. Life kinda takes over sometimes. ;)

Mother-Daughter Photography said...

I LOVE your blog. Personally, I don't like random short posts, I would rather see a well thought out post with photos. All of your posts are just like that, you take time and do it right! That's why a seeing a post from you is such a treat. I enjoy what I see. :)

Priya said...

This is an AWESOME blog!!!! I will follow. :) I have one, too, at agplayground.weebly.com :)

Priya said...

I think the way you post is fine. During the school year I'm SO busy, so I only get to post once a month. :)

-Priya
agplayground.weebly.com

Doodledog said...

It stinks that your blogger account hasn't been cooperating! My blogger account was getting tedious, too, and I know some other people whose account has gone insane. I ended up moving to WordPress, and I'm happy that I did. It's so much better!